The RELLIS Campus will be home to multi-industry education facilities and will provide a unique campus experience. Qualified students who did not get into Texas A&M University will be able to earn their degree from other universities in the A&M System while staying in the Bryan-College Station area.
The first phase of construction and renovation will focus on research facilities and possible partnerships with private companies, but involves the development of a multi-institutional Gateway Education Center that will provide space for Texas A&M System member institutions and Blinn to offer a variety of curricula. Chancellor Sharp hopes that this distinctive collaboration of technology, research, and education will bring a boost to the economy of the region, through students and companies alike.
The following additions will be made to the existing campus to focus on educational development:
- TEEX Training Facilities – The new and expanded training facilities will be developed for instruction and certifications in law enforcement, public safety, municipal and power utilities, and heavy equipment operations.
- Mary Kay O’Connor Process Safety Center – The center’s mission is to promote and improve the safety of the chemical processing industry around the world. This center will foster the development of safer processes, equipment, procedures and management strategies to minimize losses within the processing industry.
- Mike and Beverly Rowlett Industrial Distribution Center – The center will be home to the Thomas and Joan Read Center for Distribution Research and Education, the only distribution focused research center in the world, as well as the Global Supply Chain Laboratory and the Talent Incubator. Combined, these programs constitute the largest Industrial Distribution program in the U.S. and conduct applied research, consortia and professional development programs.
- Gateway Education Center – The new multi-institutional Gateway Education Center will provide space for system institution to offer a variety of curricula. TEES, TTI, TEEX and our industry partners will also utilize this facility for continuing education, short courses and other professional development programs. Students and faculty at this center will have the opportunity to become involved in the research and technology development projects occurring at the RELLIS Campus.
- Blinn College Education Center – The local community college, Blinn College, will be expanding to a facility at RELLIS Campus to allow students to learn cutting-edge, high-demand skills in an environment that encourages collaboration between public institutions and private companies. This co-location will allow Blinn College students to transfer seamlessly to leading universities throughout the Texas A&M System.